Shrubs     White     Pink/Red     Blue/Purple    Yellow   Nonnative

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Twinpod-Physaria

Thanks for joining me as I embark on this new adventure of learning and documenting all the plant species in the area where I live, Snake Valley, located in the central Great Basin. Most posts will be short, with a photo or two, a short description, and hopefully a link to where you can find more information.

With spring upon us, I'll begin with flowering plants, and in the absence of those fill in with evergreens and other plants as needed. Comments are appreciated, especially if you'd like to correct an error I made or if you want to add some information about a particular plant. It's also fine to comment just to say you particularly like (or dislike) a certain plant.

The first wildflower I saw in 2009 was over on Crystal Peak, called a twinpod or bladderpod, Physaria species. I haven't been able to ascertain which of the 24 species it is. It's in the Mustard Family (Brassicaceae), and for more information (although a bit scanty), you can check out the Plants Database.

1 comment:

g said...

I see that Desert Boy is your hand model to show off the pretty flowers.