Shrubs     White     Pink/Red     Blue/Purple    Yellow   Nonnative

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cusick's Draba-Draba pedicellata ssp. wheelerensis

The genus Draba, part of the Mustard Family (Brassicaceae) is one tough genus to puzzle out. Fortunately for this one I had the help of a botanist. It's Cusick's draba (Draba pedicellata ssp. wheerensis), only found on the Snake Range in Nevada. There are no leaves above the basal cluster. Another identifying mark are the yellow flowers, but all the specimens we saw were past flowering.

It's a tiny plant that likes growing in crevices.

For more information about Cusick's draba, click here or here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I work for Great Basin National Park and I am trying to compile a list of plants that are endimeic to the Snake Range. I would like to use your pictures of Draba pedicellata var wheelerensis and I would like to give you credit beyond "Desert Survivor," if you wish. I'm not sure if this blog is still active or not but I want to try